Today I’m sharing with you the first Ipsy Glam Bag of 2018! I had high hopes for this Glam Bag, especially because Ipsy did so well last month. I received products from City Color Cosmetics, Dirty Little Secrets Cosmetics, F.A.R.A.H. Brushes, NYX, and Trust Fund Beauty.
This month’s Glam Bag was sporty chic. It’s far from my favorite but it could make a good toiletries bag if I ever hit the gym. Let’s dive into the products:
- Trust Fund Beauty Lip Scrub – Lip scrubs are something I’ve always been interested in trying, especially because I have dry lips. According to Ipsy, this Trust Fund Beauty scrub “doesn’t just exfoliate, it nourishes and moisturizes to keep your lips pillowy soft.”
2. NYX Lip Lingerie in Beauty Mark – I was a little wary of this liquid lipstick the moment I looked at my Ipsy spoiler email. You can’t always go off of the product photo, and sure enough, the color is waaay deeper brown than I thought it would be. But, one can never have too many liquid lipsticks.
3. F.A.R.A.H. Brushes Z-Tweeze Dual Ended Tweezer – This tweezer was one of the better items available for January, so I’m glad I received it. It’s a double ended tool that has “broad, slanted tips on one side (great for applying lashes) and pointed tips on the other for super-precise plucking.” I like that one side looks like a weapon — this may or may not be tucked into my purse when I go out late at night.
4. Dirty Little Secrets Cosmetics Eyeshadow in Bikini or Sangria – This eyeshadow is waaay too cranberry for me. It’s such a warm vivid shade (which some would love), but for me it’s a bit intimidating. How do I apply it without making it look like I’m ill or garishly made up? I would’ve preferred the bronze option.
5. City Color Cosmetics Contour Palette – Finally, I have mixed feelings about this contour palette. I love that I received one, but these colors look a little strange to me. What’s up with that super orange brown? Or the stark white? The website makes it sound great “The contour, bronzer, and highlight shades are highly-pigmented (so a little goes a long way), and they can be used wet for even more color payoff.”
I rate this Ipsy Glam Bag a B because the eyeshadow is just not my color, the liquid lipstick is not a very wearable shade, and the contour palette looks cheap. At the same time, I did like the variety. The bag for me was just so-so.
Thanks for checking out this overview! Please check out my January PLAY! by Sephora box if you haven’t already! Be sure to come back to see the goodies I get in February! ❤