February’s Ipsy bag contains products from IT Cosmetics, Luna Cosmetics, Ofra Cosmetics, PÜR, and Purlisse. The bag itself is light pink with black lace trim, undoubtedly in homage to Valentine’s Day. It’s simple and serves its purpose, but isn’t my favorite bag to date.
In my glam bag, I received a face mask, a liquid lipstick, an under eye concealer, a highlighter, and a mini mascara. Sadly, I misplaced my mascara (hence it not being part of the lineup). I was impressed with the products I received, and have shared my thoughts below.
- PÜR Mini Fully Charged Mascara – I am so mad at myself for misplacing this. I still haven’t found it. The science behind this product is fascinating too. “The super-scientific formula is made out of magnets, so it latches onto every single lash (like a magnet) to strengthen, thicken, and lengthen.” Fascinating, no?
- Ofra Cosmetics Liquid Lipstick in ipsy Unzipped – I’ve never tried an Ofra product, so I was psyched to receive one in my Ipsy bag. I know them more for their highlighters, but this liquid lipstick looks very pretty. I’m guessing they formulated it with Ipsy to create an exclusive shade.
- Purlisse Beauty Blue Lotus Seed Mud Mask + Exfoliant – When it comes to skincare, I’d rather get makeup, but I do like being sent face masks. Apparently, this is made with nourishing ingredients used in ancient Chinese beauty rituals including white clay, blue lotus seeds, ginger, and mushroom that will brighten, detoxify, and soothe your skin.
- Luna By Luna Cosmetics Baked Highlighter in Electra – I’m always a little bummed when I get a no-name product (no offense Luna!) but this highlighter looks very pretty. It has a warm pink/ mauve-y gild to it and I’m excited to see how it performs. I hope it doesn’t accentuate texture.
5. IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye in Medium – The It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye Full Coverage Anti-Aging Waterproof Concealer from my Play! by Sephora October box has become holy grail, so receiving this made me actually fist pump. I’m hoping this new concealer (in super cool black packaging) is just as good. I don’t quite understand the difference, this one is supposed to be for under eyes but so is the other one.
I don’t like that it’s darker then my current skin tone. I’ll have to wait till summer to try it 🙁 It doesn’t match me now.
So that sums up my February Ipsy glam bag! What did you think? I really enjoyed it, so much that I’m giving it a rating of A-. The concealer, highlighter, and liquid lipstick are solid yeses for me. The formulation of the face mask sounds very unique, and if I hadn’t lost my mascara I’m sure I would have liked it as well.
Don’t forget to tune in for next month’s glam bag! In the meantime, if you haven’t already checked out the competition, my February Play! by Sephora unboxing is already live.