This month’s PLAY! box is themed “Lovestruck Beauty” with the blurb “A meet-cute is about to happen between you and your February box.” Something’s got to be wrong with that copy, but I assume that it’s meant to be a play on words with Valentine’s Day being part of the theme. Ipsy’s been failing me lately, so what did Sephora send me?
Three skincare products, one lipstick, an eyeliner, and a fragrance tester from Clinique, Bite Beauty, Wander Beauty, Caudalie, and Clinique (again – not sure I like getting doubles from one brand). Let’s dive in.
- Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Sake – This is easily the front runner of this month’s box. For starters, Bite Beauty is a high-end brand that I’ve yet to purchase from, so getting a free product from them already feels like I’m getting my money’s worth. I also love lipsticks, preferably neutrals.
2. Clinique Quickliner for Eyes Intense – This eyeliner from Clinique is a black liner in a “richly pigmented shade for instant intensity.” My eyeliner collection has definitely started to build up from both my subscriptions (it’s a staple). Don’t hate it, don’t love it. I’m somewhere in between.
3. Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum – I tend to scoff when I get lotions because I feel like they all do the same thing. In this case, I was wrong. According to Sephora, “this skincare product is a highly concentrated, natural, oil-free serum that combats dark spots, evens skin tone, and boosts radiance—and proven to be 62 times more effective than vitamin C.” Sounds like a miracle product.
4. Clinique Moisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator – This little guy seems to be your standard moisturizer, but extra hydrating. Apparently, “this refreshing gel-cream that provides an instant moisture boost—and is now enhanced to deliver almost twice as much hydration at the end of the day than it did before.”
5. Wander Beauty Baggage Claim Gold Eye Masks – Last but not least, this is a bit of a luxurious novelty product. This is a set of individually-packaged gold foil eye masks which claim to “brighten, hydrate, and reduce the appearance of dark circles.” Definitely Instagram-ing this one when I try it.
All in all, not bad. A decent round up, and I can see myself using every product. I’m particularly enthused by the lipstick and the radiance serum. Plus, the Clinique liner would be good to keep in my on-the-go makeup bag.
I’m rating February’s Play! by Sephora an A (not an A+). How do you rate it? Let me know in the comments below. Thanks for dropping by my blog and be sure to come back for March’s box!