This month’s PLAY! box is themed “Beauty in Bloom” in what I’m sure is a cheeky reference to the changing seasons. Inside is a five-piece “bounty of beauty,” curated to help my makeup routine “bloom.” I received products from Amika, Bite Beauty, DryBar, NARS, and Sephora Collection.
This lineup is spring-y indeed! Let’s dive in.
- NARS Bronzing Powder in Laguna – I’m impressed that they included a NARS cult favorite, NARS Lagunda bronzer. I actually already own the full size BUT I’m still happy to get a small travel size. Benefit’s Hoola remains my favorite bronzer but this is a close second.
2. Sephora Collection LashCraft Big Volume Mascara – I’ve tried this mascara before, I honestly think in a previous Play! by Sephora box. The issue I had with it is that it makes my eyes burn and water when washing it off. It literally affects my eyeballs, so I will be lovingly passing this off to whoever wants it (heh).
3. DryBar Triple Sec 3-in-1 – I love being sent hair products that are meant to extend your style and help add texture, volume, and body, as this is intended to do. I’m really excited to see how this product performs, as DryBar is a highly sought after brand that specializes in blowouts and salon quality products.
4. Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo – I love trying different dry shampoos. A good dry shampoo will help extend your hairstyle and keep your hair fresh throughout the course of the week. My hair is prone to getting oily, fast, so I’m always happy to get freebies to try and find my next favorite product.
5. Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40 – Who can’t use a good sunscreen during the summer? I’ve never heard of Supergoop! before but apparently this product is an innovative, antioxidant-rich, invisible, weightless, scentless, daily SPF that preps skin for makeup while providing broad spectrum SPF 40 protection. Sounds good to me!
I’m rating March’s Play! by Sephora an A. I love that they sent me a travel size of the holy grail NARS Laguna bronzer, two hair sprays that will hopefully keep my style strong, and the sunscreen – which I never would’ve purchased on my own.
Thanks for dropping by my blog and be sure to come back for April’s box!