This month’s PLAY! box is themed “Feel The Love” and is all about “beauty that steals your heart, whether it’s the lipstick shade that’s made for you or the dreamiest skincare routine.” Sephora gave out 22 products to Sephora Play members in February, and my box contained products from Belif, Farmacy, Fresh, Laura Mercier, and Sephora Collection.
PLAY! Book: I don’t usually showcase the Play! Book, simply because it doesn’t impact the value of the box beyond giving some artistic value, statistics, and product information. However, this month’s was so cute I had to showcase it.
I like the “Do you dig my lipstick? Yes __ No __ Maybe__.” It’s such a cute throwback to those classic notes you would pass to your crush in school.
The Bag: This bag underwhelmed me as usual. I prefer Ipsy’s bags to Sephora, hands down. They’re actually zipped bags.
However, after receiving my box, my coworker and I searched the hashtag #Sephoraplaybox on Instagram to see what other people got, and there are sooo many cute photos posing the bag with the products! I think it’s really fitting for Valentine’s Day.
Now it’s time to dive into the box. I received two lip products, one eye product, and two skincare products.
Here’s the lineup. My camera’s been capturing my photos in a really dark, bleak light lately, so I think I need to tweak the settings because I’m fairly certain I accidentally pressed something a few weeks back. [Honest disclaimer.] All in all, I’m happy with my box though I feel it could have been even better (what, I’m a perfectionist!). Here are the products up close:
- Sephora Collection Rogue Matte Lipstick in Rebel Chic – Notice anything? My lipstick bullet came kind of dented and smushed. I read that a lot of customers had broken lip products so I count my blessings that mine was only dented. That aside, I’m living for this solid lipstick. Beautiful dramatic color, very wearable.
- FRESH Sugar Lip Treatment Sunscreen SPF 15 in Sugar Rose Tinted – I peeked at this month’s box ahead of time and was elated to have received the Fresh lip balm. It was one of the swaggiest products listed and it’s such a coveted product. I’ve used their original non-tinted lip balm in the past and it feels so amazing and soothing.
- Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Rosegold – I was also very pleased that my Play! box contained a Laura Mercier product. According to Sephora, this is a creamy eyeshadow stick in a shimmery pink champagne shade. In person it’s a bit more peachy-gold, but I’m sure that as an eyeshadow base or a quick application product, I’ll make good use of this.
- Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Meltaway Cleansing Balm with Echinacea GreenEnvy – This oil-based cleansing balm claims to clear away makeup and leave skin smooth. I’m a little dubious about its claims but it sure looks interesting. No cleanser has made me turn away from my beloved Purity by Philosophy, but I’ll give this an honest try.
- Belif Moisturizing Eye Balm – Finally, this last product claims to be a lightweight eye cream that boosts moisture and fights signs of aging. My face has been parched lately and I’m deliberating over which moisturizer to invest in, so I decided to try this on my face and it feels so lovely and cooling and fresh.
I’m rating February’s Play! by Sephora an A-. I received a couple of luxe products (the Fresh lip balm and Laura Mercier eyeshadow stick) and a decent mix of products all around. I’m not excited about the Farmacy Cleansing Balm but that could change over time. The Belif moisturizer I like, and the same goes for the Sephora lipstick.
Be sure to check out how Ipsy’s February glam bag compares! Thanks for dropping by my blog and be sure to check out March’s box.