August’s Ipsy Glam Bag fell flat for me until I realized I had *finally* received a Huda Beauty product. I still share my spoiler alerts with my old coworkers and I saw that they were getting Huda Beauty products that I was missing out on. Continually getting snubbed by Ipsy was really starting to get old. So when I saw this I felt immensely gratified.
The Bag: Eh. This month’s bag is quite personality-less. It’s a basic bag in a deep evergreen shade with some sort of raised checkered diamante looking pattern over it.
- INC.REDIBLEJelly Shot Lip Quencher in Ex Revenge – Ugh. This product repulses me a little. Why is there a flower encapsulated in this thing? Ipsy doesn’t provide much explanation either. “Look closely! There’s a dainty little flower set into the balm, and 24K gold specks that give your lips a subtle glow. Dry air, sun, and salt water can zap much needed moisture from your lips. Reach for this lightweight balm to give them a quick hit of hydration with a dose of healthy ingredients.” No clue what the flower’s purpose is.
- SUVA Beauty Eyeshadow in Coriander – This eyeshadow by SUVA Beauty is described as an “easy to apply,” “opaque,” and “water-resistant” shadow. The color is a golden pearl shade. I think every palette I own has a shade like this, but it’s at least a usable, wearable shade.
- Biorace Pore Purifying Spirulina & Tea Tree Clay Mask – Face masks always intrigue me (although I wouldn’t say I would prefer one over a beauty product). This clay mask by Biorace is “infused with nutrient-rich spirulina to help maintain clear skin. Moisturizing hyaluronic acid helps to keep you hydrated and glowing.” Update: I love this face mask! It truly made a visible difference – my pores were almost invisible to the naked eye and my skin was smooth and soft. Big thumbs up.
- HUDA BEAUTY Lip Contour in Trophy Wife – FINALLY I received a Huda Beauty product. I would’ve preferred a liquid lipstick to a lip liner, but I’m still happy. It’s a beautiful deep mauve shade that glides on like a dream. It’s a creamy formula that “lasts from lunch to late-night cocktails and is kiss-proof, waterproof, transfer-proof…you-name-it proof,” according to Ipsy. I like it a lot and now I can pair this with some of my other Huda Beauty liquid lipsticks.
- NAILS INC Nail Polish in Feelings Feelings – There’s no way around it. This nail polish is an old lady color. You know the ones I’m talking about. It’s that sort of pearly, shimmery shade you always see old ladies on the bus wearing or (if your grandmother is like mine) on your grandmother’s nails. It’s just a hard no. If it was a cream finish I might’ve liked it.
So – all in all, I’m rating August’s box a B+. I didn’t love the bag but I was impressed and thrilled that I finally received a Huda Beauty product (scarce inventory among the lesser-known brands they work with) and I really enjoy the face mask.
What do you guys think about my Augst Ipsy Glam Bag? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comment section below.