June 2019’s Play! by Sephora box is themed “Destination Beauty,” touting a bevy of makeup, skincare, and hair-care products themed for summer/destination/travel. It’s a broad category so I was curious to see what would be inside.
The Big Reveal: My June box contained products from Tarte, Laneige, Biossance, First Aid Beauty, Belif and a bonus product from Hum Nutrition.
As per usual, I only received one lonely makeup product. Here’s a breakdown of all the products I received:
- Tarte Babassu Foundcealer Skincare Foundation SPF 20 in 22B – This is a hybrid product that’s described as a “multi-tasking, medium coverage gel foundation.” Optimistically, this could turn out great! Pessimistically, gel foundations often feel very tacky. That’s just me, personally. Also SPF is a no for me – when combined with makeup, I experience itching, redness, hives.
- Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask in Original Berry – Well, this is new. This is a “leave-on lip mask that soothes and moisturizes for smoother, more supple lips overnight.” According to the site, this lip mask “nurtures skin and gives you an excuse to sleep in a little longer.” I’m half interested by this.
- Biossance Squalane + Tea Tree Detox Mask – Lotions tend to make me impatient, as one feels the same to me. But face masks I like more. They’re potent and this one is powered by tea-tree and squalane oil. “This calming, softening face mask draws out impurities for refreshed skin.” It addresses skin concerns like blemishes, pores, and redness. Full price is $39.
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair BarriAIR Cream – This moisturizer is “a light-as-air cream-to-foam moisturizer that helps repair the skin barrier and provide adaptable hydration for combination and normal skin types.” Full price is $30, 4 stars out of 5. I’m sure I’ll get around to this at some point. If not, it’s going in someone’s Christmas stocking.
- Belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb – I think I’ve gotten about three of these so far. Not loving the repeats. Just gave this away to my boss Carla.
- Hum Nutrition Hair Sweet Hair Growth – Vegan Gummies – Finally, the deluxe item in this month’s box is a supplement. So far I’ve been sent two. I don’t know how to feel about getting gummies/supplements. I just feel like if I’m going to be ingesting something, I need to know more about it. Also, I doubt anyone would see any difference from just one.
Out of this box, there was only one makeup product and it was a disappointing pick for me. However, it wasn’t a total miss. I’m mollified by the lip sleeping mask and face mask. What did you think of my box? Let me know in the comments.