My first Play! by Sephora box of 2019 is themed “Your Beauty Future,” playing off a teaser that cites, “We don’t need to know your sign to predict that 2019 will be your best year yet – especially with this batch of cosmically curated beauty in hand.” Judging from my roundup of products, this beauty drop is themed around products that do more for your beauty routine.
The big reveal – I received products from Laneige, Bite Beauty, Hum, Smashbox, and Marajo.
A quick note: Sephora no longer provides products in a different collectible bag each month! Thank God they finally stopped with that. It was an embarrassment (see my past reveals if you’d like to know why.)
- Laneige Water Sleeping Mask – I’ve never heard of Laneige before, which is why I don’t have strong feelings about this product (is that wrong?). However, as far as I’m concerned, masks are a good skincare product to receive. Sephora claims this is an overnight, moisture-recharging gel mask that quickly absorbs while you sleep to deeply hydrate skin.
2. Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask to Clear Pores – I like traditional face masks that harden and peel off AND I like Origins, so I was excited that I received this cool charcoal mask that deep cleans and visibly reduces pores. It also helps with dullness and uneven texture, pores, and oiliness.
3. Hum Nutrition Skin and Body Detox Supplement – A 3-day sample of pills? I can’t help but feel like I’m being asked to accept drugs that have been marketed as “detox supplements” without so much as a pamphlet of information explaining exactly what’s in these. It’s definitely “different,” but I also feel like Sephora is casually sending out ingestible products to the masses.
4. Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water – I dislike makeup primers. I’ve never met one that didn’t make my skin irritated and my makeup pill/itch. This will go to somebody else.
5. Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayon in Glace – I love getting Bite Beauty products. I’m happy this is in a nice rosy, wearable shade. I hope I like this when I apply it!
Bonus: Marajo Hair Care Nourishing Cleansing Creme & Deep Treatment Butter – Finally, I received a haircare sample for this month’s bonus, which is way better than a dinky fragrance tester. This product is described as “a luxurious shampoo and conditioner duo packed with nutrient-rich butters and botanical oils that smooths, hydrates, and adds major shine.” These strands need love, so I will be using this as soon as I can.
And that’s it folks! What did you think of my January Play! box?
I’m rating January’s Play! by Sephora an A-. I love that they gave me a quality lip product in a beautiful shade, and I can appreciate the hair products included in my box. As for the eyeliner, it’s not a completely useless product, but it’s not something I covet. Finally, I wish I had gotten just one skincare product, not two.
Thanks for dropping by my blog and be sure to come back for April’s box!