I had high hopes for my first Glam Bag of 2019, but unfortunately, I was left woefully underwhelmed. From the plain theme-less bag to the products inside, I was left wanting more from January’s bag. I’m giving you the scoop today and revealing the entire contents of this month’s Glam Bag.
The Bag: After excitedly digging into my Ipsy package, I uncovered this plain cloth bag. I turned it over in my hands waiting for it to somehow become more, and obviously it didn’t. As I succumbed to the fact that this was January’s bag, I felt the disappointment wash over me. I hoped what was inside would be more indicative of their commitment to quality.
The contents of my Ipsy Glam Bag this month included products from Nomad Cosmetics, Tarte, Yensa, Color Club, and Fluide. Only two of the brands were known to me, and the assortment of products didn’t feel very “me.” I was disappointed because I tried to make my personalized quiz as accurate to my preferences as possible and I still got duds. No name duds.
Here’s a closer look at the products I received:
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15 in Medium Sand – Props for this being a Tarte product but sadly, I ruled out this foundation a long time ago. The formula makes my skin itch and the closest shade they have still looks nowhere like my own skin. I have very flat yellow undertones and this comes up as too pinky-peach. Maybe I’ll try it again when my skin deepens during the summer.
- Nomad Cosmetics Illuminating Highlighter in Midnight Sun – I cannot emphasize this enough – I am sick of getting Nomad cosmetics. Their products are misses every single time. I still remember the eyebrow powder that was glittery pink and gray. I’m done. This product looks OK but it certainly isn’t bowling me over, and it isn’t nothing I don’t already own in some variation.
- Yensa Pumpkin Tumeric 2-in-1 Radiance Polishing Mask – It would be wrong for me to hate on this product. It’s done nothing to me, I don’t have a negative association with it, but I’m just not excited by it. However, it’s a mask that’s chock full of fab-for-your-skin ingredients and is also infused with superfoods to even out and brighten skin and is supposedly gentle enough for sensitive skin. We shall see.
- Color Club Nail Polish in Williamsburg – I have collected a bottle or two from Color Club in my lifetime, but they’re not my favorite nail polish brand. Also, this color isn’t really me – but it is a nice deep navy shimmer. Maybe I’ll rehome this, as my nail polish rack is running out of space (and only reserved for items I really love from now on).
- Fluide Lip Gloss in Elsewhere – What is this??? Blue lipgloss? “This gloss might look blue but don’t worry about looking too edgy – this high shine formula goes on sheer and clear. Its blue tint is a playful nod to the brand’s gender-neutral philosophy (makeup for her, him, then, everyone).” Yeah… I’m still not interested.
I rate this Ipsy Glam Bag a C because it has been one of the least enticing bags I’ve received to date. None of my picks reflected my taste, and the bag itself was unappealing and bland. I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. Would you be happy with these picks? Thanks for taking the time to read this post and check back for future reveals. Here’s to hoping next month will turn out better!