July’s Play! by Sephora box is themed “Desert Island Essentials.” According to the description, “These beauty finds are lifesavers in any situation.” This sounds highly like July’s box. Both market their products as must-have summer destination/travel essentials. Let’s see what I got!
The Big Reveal: I received products from Becca, Lancome, Isle of Paradise, Kiehl’s Since 1851, and Korres. The deluxe product is Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana.
Not bad (eyebrow rise)! I received the infamous Champagne Pop highlighter by Becca, as well as an eye makeup remover from Lancome and a face mask from Kiehl’s. Let’s break down the products:
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter in Champagne Pop – This is a cult favorite product that was originally introduced in a collaboration between beauty influencer Jacklyn Hill and Becca. They’ve since parted ways but her highlighter has stuck around for good. It’s described as “a pinky-peach highlighter that delivers a flare so bright you’ll be seen by rescue planes.”
2. Lancome Bi-Facial Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover – Makeup remover is a necessity, and I haven’t been sent one in a while. I’m not mad at it, especially considering that it’s from Lancome. This liquid eye makeup remover is said to “take off even the most budge-proof makeup.”
3. Isle of Paradise Tanning Drops in Medium – Now THIS product I was intrigued by, simply by sheer virtue of the fact that I’ve never been sent anything like it. This product by Isle of Paradise contains “self-tanning drops that can be added to moisturizer for a sun kissed glow.” I personally never “enhance” my body by using oils or highlighters or glow products, but it’s still an interesting product to experiment with.
4. Kiehl’s Since 1851 Ginger Leaf & Hibiscus Firming Mask – Upon closer inspection, this is a “firming mask” that “helps skin feel firmer and smoother overnight.” I feel like those skin concerns belong to a more mature audience than myself. However, I will be hanging onto it OR putting it someone’s Christmas stocking… perhaps my mom’s.
5. Korres Greek Yoghurt Foaming Cream Cleanser – Korres is another prestige skincare brand, so I’m impressed. This product is “a cream-to-foam cleaner that washes away makeup and impurities.” It’s also earned the “Clean at Sephora” accreditation, which means that it is formulated without a list of over 50 ingredients, including sulfates (SLS and SLES), parabens, phthalates, and more.
I’m rating July’s box a B+/A- because I really didn’t feel like there were any filler products, and in terms of value, I definitely got my money’s worth and then some. To have received all these genuinely “wow”-inducing products is something I really appreciate and respect. Well done Sephora. Out of all the products in the bag, I was most impressed to receive Becca’s Champagne pop highlighter.
What do you guys think about my July Play! by Sephora box? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comment section below.