This month’s Ipsy Glam Bag is the last drop for Q1 of 2019, rounding out a string of bags and products that have been an anomaly historically compared to Glam Bags of years past. As per usual, I’m revealing my Glam Bag to you and providing my completely unfiltered opinions, along with a close-up look at the bag and products Ipsy curated for me. If you’re curious, keep reading!
The Bag: Compared to the contenders for January and February, March’s Glam Bag itself is distinctly more aesthetically pleasing. It’s a rose-gold copper shade with a shiny foil, a cute message embossed (And off she went to change the world), and a nice sleek sturdy build. I could do without the blue zipper though.
For the month of March Ipsy selected the following products for me from Estate Cosmetics, Morphe, Ciate London, Tarte, and I Dew Care. While there is a pretty decent mix of well-known brands and smaller brands, I was still left wishing for more. It’s been a long time since it felt like Ipsy really got me.
Here are the products:
- Morphe Mini Bronzer in Debutante – Morphe! Yes! More please. I love that Ipsy sends me Morphe products (they sent me a lovely highlighter last year). However, as good as Ipsy did by sending me a Morphe product, they sent me a bronzer shade that just doesn’t work for me. It’s so deep brown/orange.
- Estate Cosmetics Dew Me Baked Highlighter in Pearl – This is one of the no-name products included in my Glam Bag. I’m always open to trying new products, but I’d be lying if I said I felt this could be a potential winner. It’s so frosty looking and I already have other highlighters in more flattering shades.
- Ciate London Mini Lip Lustre in Call Me – Ciate is another brand that Ipsy is affiliated with that is definitely more up my street. However, this watermelon colored lip gloss is just another “could’ve been something that could’ve really scored well with me” if it had been a different color. Neutrals, mauves, even pinks!
- Tarte Maneater Voluptuous Mascara – Throw me a high-end mascara any day and I’m a happy camper. I haven’t really heard about this one in the beauty community, but it’s Tarte! Packaging, bleh, but product (hopefully) good. I’m mollified with this pick.
- I DEW CARE Disco Kitten Illuminating Diamond Peel Off Mask – Finally, my last product is a skincare mask by the brand I Dew Care. The inside of the jar is this silvery, almost holographic looking paste, and I tried some on my hand and it really did harden into one solid piece I could lift off. So cool!
While this Glam Bag didn’t excite me, I rate it a Bag a B- because the bag was cute and it did offer me a couple of name brand products, as well as some potentially good products. What do you think? Let me know in the comments below. Thanks for taking the time to read this post and check back for future reveals.