Remember last month’s Ipsy bag? I wasn’t a fan for many reasons. However, a new month, a new Ipsy bag. I approached this month’s bag with fresh new enthusiasm, hoping they would bring their A-game and win back my respect. Would you be excited over this bag? Only one way to find out.
The Bag: The February Glam Bag is themed around Valentine’s Day – which like. However, the bag itself is rather… loud. It’s a light pink bag accented with red pouty kiss marks all over it. While I like this bag more than the plain cloth bag I received last month, it’s not something I would pick out myself.
The contents of my Ipsy Glam Bag this month included products from Eyeko, LAQA & Co., Space Case Cosmetics, Purlisse, and Aisling Organics. These brands a mystery to you? Me too. The only brands I’ve heard of are Eyeko and Purlisse (the latter only having discovered through a previous Ipsy Glam Bag).
Let’s take a closer look at the products:
- Eyeko Lash Alert in Carbon Black – Mascaras are always a safe bet to put in my bag, but rarely are they standout products. However, upon trying this product by Eyeko, I was pleasantly surprised. It is so volumizing – it truly doubles my lashes without clumping them. I’m happy I got this.
- LAQA & CO. Prickly Pear pH Gloss – I like lip products but just the fact that this is neon barbie pink made me sigh. Most people wouldn’t reach for this on a day-to-day basis, and I’m one of them. If I was young and experimenting with colors, I might like this. Now, not so much. It’s a cute little product but I’ll probably give it to someone else.
- Space Case Cosmetics Eye Shadow in No Reception – This navy blue eyeshadow is a nice color but I have a lot of similar products in my collection. I also really only use it if I’m doing a smokey eye. I’ll probably give this to someone else.
- Purlisse Coconut Oil + Cranberry Body Butter – Lotions are my least favorite product to receive. I’ve collected a million lotions over my lifetime. One is as good as the next. I also dislike coconut, so this actually ranks even lower than the norm.
- Aisling Organics Eco-Luxe Eyeshadow Brush – One good thing about Ipsy is all the brushes you receive. It’s a great way to build your collection, and I like that this is dual-ended – it allows you to apply your eye makeup two ways. One is a shader (to pack on color), the other is a blender (to blend).
I rate this Ipsy Glam Bag a B-. I didn’t get excited about any of the products except the mascara. It wasn’t a completely dreadful selection – just not for me. The bag itself was OK; I’ve had better. I just want one good Glam Bag. Just one!
What do you think? Let me know in the comments below. Thanks for taking the time to read this post and check back for future reveals.