This month’s PLAY! box is themed “Festival of Beauty” and claims to provide “everything you need to get into the spirit and define your style, whether you’re camping in the desert or chillin’ on your couch.” Sephora gave out 28 products to Sephora Play members in February, and my box contained products from Briogeo, Buxom, DR. Jart+, Lancome, Marajo, and Sephora Collection.
The Bag: I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – people don’t subscribe to Play! by Sephora for the bags. They’re usually not purposeful, sturdy, or cute. They’re typically the same cloth sack format with a slight spin on it. But I get it, this month’s is funky and tie-dyed to represent festival season.
Here are my month’s products! What’s your first impression?
Let’s dive in.
- Buxom Plumpline Lipliner in Hush Hush – According to Sephora, the Buxom Plumpline Lipliner in Hush Hush is a hybrid “plumping matte lip lining pencil in a warm cinnamon pink shade. This versatile liner plumps, lines, and defines lips to their fullest.”
I was so excited to see this product in my box and I love that it’s in a shade that I gravitate towards (unlike some of the products past). I love neutrals, especially of the tawn-y cinnamon brown (but still a little pink) family. Well done Sephora.
2. Sephora Collection Contour Eye Pencil 12hr Wear Waterproof in 06 Blonde Ambition – While I’ve been given many eyeliners before, this feels like an odd shade to me. I never ever reach for a light, shimmery, beige eyeliner. However, if I ever need one, this claims to be a long-lasting eyeliner that “is resistant to water, heat, and humidity, and ensures up to 12 hours of smudge-less wear.”
3. Briogeo Blossom & Bloom Ginseng + Biotin Volumizing Spray – If I had a nickel for every Briogeo product I’ve received in my Sephora play boxes… well, I’d probably have a quarter. This hair product is described as a “dual-action spray that provides rock star volume and texture.” I love volumized hair so I hope this lives up to the claim! I’ve found their previous products to be just so-so.
4. DR JART+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 – I’m a skeptic of all skincare (thanks to experience), so when I saw I had received two skincare products I was a bit miffed. However, the fact that they are both high-end slightly mollified me. This product by DR. JART+ is described as a “concealing, sun-protecting beauty balm that brightens and smoothes skin.” It has an SPF of 45 and my skin hates synthetic SPF so… *gulp*.
5. LANCÔME Miel-En-Mousse Foaming Cleansing Makeup Remover with Acacia Honey – This is so weird but this product is not listed as being a part of my box online (yet it’s listed in my Play! Book). Anyway, this is a “double-duty face cleanser and makeup remover infused with acacia honey.” I’m basically married to my Purity Cleanser and the whole “acacia honey” thing weirds me out, but I will try it at some point.
5. Marajo Hair Care Nourishing Cleansing Creme & Deep Treatment Butter – Finally, I received a haircare sample for this month’s bonus, which is way better than a dinky fragrance tester. This product is described as “a luxurious shampoo and conditioner duo packed with nutrient-rich butters and botanical oils that smooths, hydrates, and adds major shine.” These strands need love, so I will be using this as soon as I can.
And that’s it folks! What did you think of my March Play! box?
I’m rating February’s Play! by Sephora an A-. I love that they gave me a quality lip product in a beautiful shade, and I can appreciate the hair products included in my box. As for the eyeliner, it’s not a completely useless product, but it’s not something I covet. Finally, I wish I had gotten just one skincare product, not two.
Thanks for dropping by my blog and be sure to come back for April’s box!