Hello everyone! Another month, another Glam Bag. For March’s Glam Bag, Ipsy partnered with Crayola to debut a colorable Glam Bag, and in my glam bag I received products from Contour Cosmetics, Glossier, Meg Cosmetics, Tarte Cosmetics, and Winky Lux.
The Bag: Each Glam Bag comes with two markers — I received hot pink and green while my coworkers received different shades. I personally felt like two wasn’t enough to truly personalize our bags. Three markers would have made more sense.
Compared to my coworkers, my markers actually bled more than expected, but they got the job done. This is the markers after I used them (but slipped them back in their plastic covering to try and keep them as “new” looking as possible — I’m silly).
When I first saw the Glam Bag in the online spoilers, frankly, I thought it was weird looking. However, it really started to grow on me after I began coloring it. I hijacked my coworkers’ markers because let’s face it, a two color bag would have been boring.
Onto the products! This month I received products from Contour Cosmetics, Glossier, Meg Cosmetics, Tarte Cosmetics, and Winky Lux – an assortment that proved very interesting.
- Contour Cosmetics in Juju – I love lip liners and almost exclusively wear my neutral lipsticks paired with lip liners, so this was a brilliant product for me to receive. This lip liner by Contour Cosmetics is in the most beautiful pinky-cinnamon nude shade.
Love the color and the packaging, which is very reminiscent of Charlotte Tilbury to me.
2. Winky Lux Powdered Lights in Charm – This was the most anticlimactic product to open, ever. It look like a rinky dinky kids’ makeup product from Claire’s, and the inside matches.
It looks like a chalky white powder with a cool pink/blue icyness to it. There’s literally nothing going for it, and I swatched it and can confirm the disappointment is accurate. It definitely isn’t something I’ll be reaching for.
3. Meg Cosmetics Good Night PM Mask – I love getting face masks. They’re the one skincare product I actually enjoy receiving (aside from moisturizers or eye creams).
According to Ipsy, this sheet mask “helps nourish and revitalize your skin before bed, so you look bright and fresh in the AM.” It’s also described as super-hydrating (which is a big plus for me because my skin has been so dry as of late). Safe to say, I’m here for it.
4. Tarte Cosmetics Sex Kitten Eyeliner – I’ve yet to find a liquid eyeliner that makes it easy for me to apply a cat-eye or winged eyeliner so I like getting new ones to try from Ipsy. I don’t have to pay for them, and I get to try some high brands products at the same time.
This Tarte liner has “sex kitten” in the name and it’s waterproof, so I feel like I might be on the right track.
5. Glossier Balm Dotcom in Rose – I was psyched to be getting a Glossier product, and I can always use a new lip balm. What a let down it was in real life. Ipsy definitely overhyped it. “This is your new ride or die balm. It’s soothing, conditioning, moisutrizing, and iconic. The fun scents give us major #tbt vibes.”
I found this lip balm to be oddly gritty, and unpleasantly scented (I received the rose scent). It wasn’t moisturizing or conditioning, and applying it from the tip actually scratched my lips, so I guess it’s meant to be applied with your finger.
I was a bit bummed out by my March Glam Bag. The standout product for me was the lip pencil, and the second runner up was the liquid eyeliner. The mask I don’t mind, whereas the lip balm and highlighter I just didn’t care for. Thanks for stopping by my blog, and if you enjoyed sneaking a peek, be sure to come back for future Ipsy Glam Bags (and Play! by Sephora boxes as well)!