This month’s PLAY! box is themed “Glam Straight” and is luxury all the way, with lauded high-end brands such as Anastasia Beverly Hills, Drybar, Laura Mercier, Peter Thomas Roth, and Smashbox collaborating to curate an all-star lineup of products.
Finishing 2017 with a bang, Sephora’s end-of-the-year PLAY! box was designed to “help you get glammed up and ready to party,” whether it be a holiday soiree or a night out on the town. I love this month’s bag, which has a very luxe, opulent aesthetic.
Within my PLAY! box I received an eyeshadow duo, a dry shampoo, a lip gloss, a face mask, an eyelid primer, and a fragrance bonus. Let’s dive in, shall we?
- Drybar Triple Sec 3-in-1 – The first product is is a 3-in-1 hair product from Drybar that “revives lifeless strands, adds volume and body to your style, and extends your blowout.” Essentially, a dry shampoo that has other benefits as well. I’m happy I received a dry shampoo because I desperately need one – I’ll report back on whether the product lives up to its claims at a future point.
2. Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Gloss in Vintage – Next, I received a lip gloss in “Vintage” from Anastasia Beverly Hills, which is described as “a lightweight, high-pigment lip gloss in a dusty rose shade with a high-shine finish.” This is a shade I can see myself reaching for on an everyday basis and I’m glad I received such a wearable color, versus the other lip shades I’ve received in the past.
3. Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Wheat – This ambiguously named Laura Mercier product is apparently a “creamy eyelid primer that covers imperfections, keeps shadow crease-free and helps makeup last.” I ran out of my MAC Painterly Paint Pot ages ago and have been considering buying a similar product, so I’m excited I was gifted one by such a reputable brand through Sephora PLAY!.
4. Peter Thomas Roth 24K Gold Pure Luxury Lift & Firm Prism Cream – How decadent does this gold-infused product look? This 24-karat gold cream is “a luxurious all-over face cream that firms, smoothes, and illuminates skin.” The fact that this product is by Peter Thomas Roth adds credibility to something that could be initially viewed as a gimmick. It’s fun to get a product that is marketed as a total luxury.
5. Smashbox Cover Shot Eyeshadow Duo – This is the coveted product everyone received in their December box — an eyeshadow duo by Smashbox. This marks the first time I’ve ever received an eyeshadow in my PLAY! box, let alone from such a noteworthy brand, so this is a big deal! I love how portable the duo is and I want to love it, but I don’t love pink/copper eyeshadows. Does that make me crazy?
That concludes the PLAY! by December box, the very last box of 2017.
Ultimately I give my December Glam Bag an A. I feel that Sephora has come a long way since the first box I received (see here), and this month’s box was first rate. I give it an A for the brands featured, the wide range of products, and the value of the box, which was very high-end. Be sure to come back to see the goodies I get in January! ❤